- Julia Angwin, Charlie Savage, Jeff Larson, Henrik Moltke, Laura Poitras & James Risen, 2015, AT&T Helped U.S. Spy on Internet on a Vast Scale, New York Times, August 15. https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/us/politics/att-helped-nsa-spy-on-an-array-of-internet-traffic.html?_r=1 See NSA Special Source Operations - Various Documents, in the Snowden Surveillance Archive.
- Floor Boon, Steven Derix and Huib Modderkolk, 2013, NSA infected 50,000 computer networks with malicious software. NRC.nl, November 23. See: Driver 1: Worldwide SIGINT/Defense Cryptologic Platform in the Snowden Surveillance Archive.
- James Bamford, 2008. The Shadow Factory: The UltraSecret NSA from 9/11 to the Eavesdropping on America, New York: Doubleday.
- —— 2012.“The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say)”. Wired. March 15, http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/all/1
- Andrew Clement, Jillian Harkness & George Raine, 2016. Metadata – both shallow and deep: the fraught key to big data mass state surveillance. A report prepared for the Key issues in Big Data Surveillance: Research Workshop, May 12-14 2016, Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario PDF
- Ryan Gallagher & Glenn Greenwald, 2014. How the NSA Plans to Infect ‘Millions’ of Computers with Malware, The Intercept, March 12. https://theintercept.com/2014/03/12/nsa-plans-infect-millions-computers-malware/
- Ryan Gallagher & Henrik Moltke, 2016. Titanpointe: The NSA’s Spy Hub in New York, Hidden in Plain Sight, The Intercept, November 16.
- Glenn Greenwald, 2013. The crux of the NSA story in one phrase: 'collect it all', Guardian, July 15, 2013, drawing on For NSA chief, terrorist threat drives passion to ‘collect it all’, by Ellen Nakashima and Joby Warrick, Washington Post, July 14, 2013.
- Glenn Greenwald, 2014. No Place To Hide: Edward Snowden, the NSA, and the U.S. Surveillance State, Hamish Hamilton.
- Glenn Greenwald, 2017. Mass Surveillance Results in Meekness, Fear and Self-Censorship, According to New Study, The Intercept, Jan 19, https://openmedia.org/en/mass-surveillance-results-meekness-fear-and-self-censorship-according-new-study
- Mark Klein, 2009. Wiring Up The Big Brother Machine... And Fighting It, BookSurge.
- Susan Landau, 2011. Surveillance or Security? The Risks Posed by New Wiretapping Technologies, MIT Press.
- PBS Frontline, 2007. Spying on the Home Front. https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/homefront/
- Christopher Parsons, 2014. The Murky State of Canadian Telecommunications Surveillance, blog post, March 6. https://www.christopher-parsons.com/the-murky-state-of-canadian-telecommunications-surveillance/
- Bill Robinson, 2016. “CSE: What do we know? What do we need to know?” Lux Ex Umbra blog post, October 09, 2016 http://luxexumbra.blogspot.ca/2016_10_01_archive.html
- Bill Woodcock & Benjamin Edelman, 2012. Toward Efficiencies in Canadian Internet Traffic Exchange, Canadian Internet Registration Authority http://www.cira.ca/assets/Uploads/Toward-Efficiencies-in-Canadian-Internet-Traffic-Exchange2.pdf
- Bill Woodcock, 2016. Results of the 2016 PCH / CIRA Study on Canadian Network Interconnection, presentation at Canadian ISP Summit, November 8, 2016 https://cira.ca/sites/default/files/public/Canadian%20Peering%202016.pdf
Similiar Internet Mapping Initiatives
Maps, Photos, and Visualizations
IP addresses and ASNs
Internet Exchanges or Switching Sites