- December 16, 2016 — iPolitics covers OpenMedia’s IXmaps launch, stating "One quarter of Canadian online traffic vulnerable to NSA sweeps"
- December 15, 2016 — OpenMedia launches their "See where your data travels" platform and video
- October 22, 2016 — "Mass state surveillance and global internet governance," based on IXmaps research, is presented at Global Perspectives China Practice: First International Collaborative Forum on Internet Governance, Beijing. You can read the subsequent paper
- October 4, 2016 — "Challenging mass state surveillance with transparency, obfuscation and accountability," is presented at Dig.IT CRYPTO 2.0, IT University of Copenhagen
- September 30, 2016 — "IXmaps.ca: Making mass internet surveillance visible," is presented at PROSA, Copenhagen
- September 22, 2016 — IXmaps presentation on the Expert Panel on the Future of the Internet in Canada at Canadians Connected 2016, the Canadian Internet Registration Authority's (CIRA) Symposium and AGM, Toronto
- August 19, 2016 — Meghan Sali from OpenMedia.ca discusses the importance of the many issues that the IXmaps project addresses
- June 9, 2016 — Press Release
IXmaps receives funding through CIRA’s Community Investment Program for project on "Opening the IXmaps internet mapping platform for collaborative development and use"
- April 21, 2016 — Announcement of Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC) funding for OpenMedia’s Cloud Atlas: A Citizen’s Guide to Online Privacy and Surveillance Using IXmaps project
- December 11, 2015 through January 30, 2016 — IXmaps is being showcased at the Pratt Manhattan Gallery exhibition Little Sister (is watching you, too)
- December 17, 2015 — IXmaps receives press coverage following our launch with OpenMedia.ca. IXmaps made the front page on BoingBoing and was featured in The Register and MetroNews, among others
- December 16, 2015 — Press Release
Launch of IXmaps.ca with OpenMedia.ca
- June 26, 2015 — CIRA's blog post discusses the role of local peering in a national internet mentions the IXmaps project
- March 27, 2015 — TechVibes highlights the importance of data privacy and transparency through a discussion of the recent Transparency report
- March 12, 2015 — Press Release
The IXmaps project is proud to announce the release of the its 2014 report on the Data Privacy Transparency of Canadian Internet Service Providers titled Keeping Internet Users in the Know of in the Dark
- February 04, 2015 — Toronto Star profiles IXmaps as part of the newspaper's segment on privacy
- October 13, 2012 — IXmaps is involved in the Ontario Science Centre's Hot Zone
- October 11, 2012 — Lee Rickwood discusses IXmaps at the Ontario Science Centre's 'Canadian Live Tech Demo'
- September 12, 2012 — CIRA publishes "Towards Efficiencies in Canadian Internet Traffic Exchange" which discusses what IXmaps terms 'boomerang routing'
- August 29, 2012 — Mediacaster mentions IXmaps and its members (archived) while covering CIRA's concerns with Canadian IXPs and boomerang traffic
- July 31, 2012 — Lee Rickwood's Calgary Herald article (archived) focuses on IXmaps and boomerang routing
- July 10, 2012 — Florence de Borja's thoughtful discussion of "How Are Canadians Affected By The USA Patriot Act And Cloud Computing?" emphasizes many issues that the IXmaps project has hoped to expose
- July 3 2012 — IXmaps research is presented during the Surveillant Geographies session at the Royal Geographical Society's annual conference in Edinburgh
- June 2012 — The IXmaps team is greatly saddened by the unexpected passing of our dear friend and colleague, Erik "Possum" Stewart. Erik was a talented and fiercely intelligent member of our team, who possessed a considerable breadth of knowledge and experience. He will be greatly missed
- April 26, 2012 — Democracy Now!'s interview with Jacob Appelbaum references IXmaps
- February 7, 2012 — IXmaps hosts a session at the 2012 iConference, held at the Faculty of Information, University of Toronto